Are you ready to relive the joy and nostalgia of your childhood? Then mark your calendar for April 18th, because that's National Animal Crackers Day!
This special day celebrates the beloved childhood snack that not only satisfied our taste buds but also brought a little bit of entertainment into our lives.
Who could forget those colorful boxes filled with animal-shaped crackers? Lions, tigers, bears, and elephants, oh my! These small, sweet cookies have been a favorite of children and adults alike for generations.
- Whether we were munching on them during snack time at school or sharing them with friends on a playdate, animal crackers were a staple of our childhood.
- And let's not forget the many varieties of animal crackers available today. While the classic, light-colored, and slightly sweet crackers are the most common, there are also chocolate and frosted options to choose from.
- These delicious treats are made with layered dough, like crackers, but have the sweetness of cookies.
- So why not celebrate National Animal Crackers Day by indulging in a box of these delightful treats?
Take a trip down memory lane and relive those carefree days of childhood. Share a box with your friends or enjoy them all to yourself. Whatever you do, make sure to savor the sweetness and fun that animal crackers bring into our lives. Happy National Animal Crackers Day!
HOW TO OBSERVE NATIONAL ANIMAL CRACKER DAY
It’s a perfect day to celebrate that childhood memory again. Pick up some animal crackers at your local grocery store and share them with family and friends.
- Make your favorite dessert using animal crackers.
- They’re great for dipping or adding to a fruit tray, too. S
- hare your photos of your Animal Crackers Day celebration using #NationalAnimalCrackersDay.
NATIONAL ANIMAL CRACKER DAY HISTORY
While National Day Calendar’s research was unable to find the creator of National Animal Crackers Day, we did locate other fun facts.
- Animal crackers first came to the United States in the late 1800s when the U.S. imported animal-shaped cookies from England.
- In 1902, animal crackers officially became known as Barnum’s Animals and evoked the familiar circus train theme of the Barnum and Bailey Circus.
- In 2018, Nabisco (the current maker of Barnum’s Animal Crackers) released the characters from the cage of the train and set them free.
- The images on the side of the boxes now show the animals roaming freely in nature.
Animal Cracker FAQ
Q. How many calories are in a serving of animal crackers?
A. A one-ounce serving of animal crackers contains approximately 120 calories.
Q. Why was there a string on some boxes of animal crackers?
A. That string that was once attached to a box of animal crackers used to allow parents to hang the box on the Christmas tree like an ornament. Nabisco first introduced the stringed box in 1902. However, in 2018, a redesign of the packaging eliminated not only the string but the image of caged animals. The new artwork depicted wild animals on an African backdrop.
#nationalanimalcrackerday #delicious #foodie #foodies #foodiegram #foodielife #chicagofoodie #animalcrackers #animalcracker #animalcrackersinmysoup #animalcrackercookies #snack #snacktime #snackbox #snacks #snackideas #snacking #snackattack #snackfood #afterschoolsnack #afterschoolsnacks #afterschoolsnacking #preschoolsnack #preschoolsnacks #cookies #cookie #cookielove #cookielover #cookielovers