National Oatmeal Nut Waffles Day on March 11th celebrates a healthier version of the classic waffle. Whole grain oats and chopped nuts mixed into a waffle recipe is a delicious, healthy way to start your morning.
To celebrate National Oatmeal Nut Waffles Day, you can try making your own oatmeal nut waffles at home.
- You can find recipes online that use a variety of nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, or pecans. You can also experiment with different spices and flavorings, such as cinnamon, vanilla, or maple syrup.
- If you don't have a waffle iron, you can still enjoy the flavors of oatmeal and nuts by making oatmeal nut pancakes instead. Simply mix rolled oats and chopped nuts into your pancake batter before cooking.
- No matter how you choose to celebrate, National Oatmeal Nut Waffles Day is a great reminder to start your day off with a healthy and delicious breakfast. Incorporating nuts into your diet is also beneficial for your health.
- Nuts are a great source of healthy fats, protein, and fiber. They may also reduce the risk of heart disease and lower cholesterol levels.
How is a Waffle different from a Pancake?
A waffle is a batter-based or dough-based cake cooked in a waffle iron patterned to give a distinctive size, shape, and surface impression.
- There are many variations based on the type of iron and recipe used. Waffles have been around for centuries, and there are many varieties of them around the world.
- The oatmeal nut waffle is another flavorful addition to the family for us all to try!
- A serving of oatmeal daily can lower cholesterol.
- It may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It may reduce your risk of cancer. (According to the American Cancer Society, eating a diet high in fiber may help reduce your risk for cancer.)
- The grain is low in fat.
- Oatmeal is low in calories.
- Add oatmeal to your diet as a good source of iron and fiber.
HOW TO OBSERVE OATMEAL NUT WAFFLES DAY
- Mix up a batch of oatmeal nut waffles for the whole family.
- Start the morning off right with maple syrup and fresh berries, too.
- Top with bananas or your favorite nut butter.
- Make several batches ahead and freeze them so they’re ready for busy mornings.
- They also make a great snack, especially for tiny hands.
- Use #OatmealNutWafflesDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL OATMEAL NUT WAFFLES HISTORY
National Day Calendar continues to research the origins of this flavorful food holiday.
Oatmeal Nut Waffle FAQ
Q. Can prepared waffles be frozen?
A. Yes. Seal in an airtight freezer-safe container before freezing. Heat them up in the toaster, toaster oven or oven for best results.
Q. Are all waffles shaped the same?
A. No. Waffles irons determine the shape of a waffle and they come in a variety of designs.
Q. Are waffle and pancake batters the same?
A. No. Waffle batter contains about twice as much fat and sugar as pancake batter. The additional fat and sugar are what make waffles crispy on the outside.
#oatmeal #oatmealrecipe #oatmealpancakes #oatmeallover #oatmealrecipes #oatmealbreakfast #oatmeals #oatmealdiet #oatmealbake #oatmealideas #oatmealaddict #oatmealeveryday #oatmealwaffles #foodie #foodies #foodiegram #foodiesofinstagram #foodielife #foodieforlife #foodielove #foodieheaven #chicagofoodie