Attention all you fun-loving goofballs out there! March 22nd is just around the corner, and you know what that means - it's National Goof Off Day!
That's right, folks, the one day of the year where you can forget about all your troubles and let your inner goofball shine.
Whether you call it National Goof Off Day or International Goof Off Day, it's a day that everyone can get behind. It's a day to kick off your shoes, let your hair down, and have a little extra fun. So why not take advantage of this perfect opportunity to do just that?
Now, I know what you're thinking. You've got work to do, deadlines to meet, bills to pay. But trust me, a little goofing off can do wonders for your mental health. Sometimes, you just need to take a break from the daily grind and let loose a little.
- So, what can you do on National Goof Off Day? The possibilities are endless!
- You can let any goofy idea that pops into your head take over.
- You can make paper airplanes from seed packets, doodle pictures of poodles in puddles in Peru, or even play a game of Jenga with randomly stacked spice jars.
- And if all else fails, you can always spend the day in your pajamas doing absolutely nothing.
So, mark your calendars and get ready to celebrate #NationalGoofOffDay in style! Remember, everyone needs to take a break from time to time, so why not do it on the goofiest day of the year? It's a day to relax, enjoy, and let your inner goofball shine. So, go ahead and have a little extra fun - you deserve it!
HOW TO OBSERVE NATIONAL GOOF OFF DAY
- Catch up on some sleep or read a good book.
- You might also watch a good movie or even play a board game.
- Maybe even get caught goofing off with some of your friends.
- Strictly speaking, goofing off is the avoidance of work. So whatever you do, try not to look like you are working.
- Goof off with your kids. Check out these 5 Great Ways to Goof Off with Your Kids.
- Use #NationalGoofOffDay to post on social media.
NATIONAL GOOF OFF DAY HISTORY
Monica (Moeller) Dufour of Davidson, MI founded National Goof Off Day. According to official records, the first celebration took place in 1976. In an interview with the Detroit Free Press in 1983, Moeller suggests the first event may have been a few years later. Whenever the inaugural day took place, it was no surprise National Goof Off Day was created by a kid who likes to do things out of the ordinary.
Goof Off FAQ
Q. Is it okay to goof off at work?
A. Everybody needs to have a little fun. Don’t ignore a deadline or waste your employer’s time. However, there are ways to make work fun and a little goofing can help.
Q. Can anyone celebrate the day?
A. Yes. Everyone can benefit from a little goofiness.
Q. What’s the opposite of being goofy?
A. Being serious is the opposite of goofy.
#goofofftime #fun #funtimes #funtime #chicagofun #chicagofunauthority #fundays #goofy #goof #goofball #goofygoof #goofballs #goofingaround #goofymemes #goofs #goofingoff #goofymeme #goofymood #goofyfaces #goofyface #goofproof #goofballin #goofballs4life #playtime #play #playing