Attention all comfort food lovers! Today is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, and it’s time to celebrate one of America’s most beloved foods. Who can resist the tantalizing aroma of bread grilled to perfection, and warm, gooey, melted cheese?
For centuries, people around the world have enjoyed cooked bread and cheese, and the United States has certainly put its own spin on this classic dish.
- Did you know that the modern version of the grilled cheese sandwich in the US originated in the 1920s? As sliced bread and American cheese became more widely available, Americans started making open-faced grilled cheese sandwiches.
- And during World War II, Navy cooks were even broiling “American cheese filling sandwiches” according to United States government cookbooks.
- But the real beauty of grilled cheese sandwiches is their versatility. You can mix and match cheeses, bread, and seasonings to create a variety of delicious combinations.
- Try adding sautéed vegetables or herb-infused oils to elevate this simple comfort food to a whole new level.
- So whether you’re a die-hard grilled cheese traditionalist or you love to experiment with different ingredients, National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day is the perfect excuse to indulge in this mouth-watering treat.
- And if you’re looking for the perfect recipe, just search online for endless options that are sure to satisfy any craving.
So go ahead, take a bite out of this classic American dish and savor the warm, gooey goodness. Happy National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day!
HOW TO OBSERVE GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH DAY
- Make your favorite version of a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Share the best cheeses to make grilled cheese. Do you use American cheese or do you prefer Swiss? What’s your favorite cheese?
- Serve it with your favorite soup and sides, too.
- Layer it and make a double-decker grilled cheese sandwich. Add ham or bacon for extra flavor and variety.
- Share with us all the ways you make grilled cheese sandwiches or try this recipe below:
- Baby Swiss And Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Use #GrilledCheeseSandwichDay to post on social media.
Quick Grilled Cheese Idea!
Families, take this day to the next level and make personalized sandwiches. Get creative with your grilled cheese by bringing out the cookie cutters. Imagine the fun the kids will have and everyone can make unique-shaped sandwiches. Don’t fret about the crusts because you can dip them in your favorite sauces or soups. Try adding ranch, siracha or a dill dip. How will you mix it up?
Grilled Cheese FAQ
Q. What is a deep-fried grilled cheese called?
A. A deep-fried grilled cheese sandwich (yes, there is such a thing) is called a Cheese Frenchie (or Frenchee).
Q. What’s the best way to make a crispy grilled cheese sandwich?
A. Grilled cheese is so delectable-crispy buttery toast on the outside, soft, gooey, cheesy center. How can you improve on that? Well, swap the butter for mayonnaise. You’ll get a crisper, more flavorful, golden-brown exterior while keeping all that gooey goodness in the middle.
#grilledcheesesandwichday #delicious #foodie #foodies #foodiegram #foodiesofintagram #foodielife #foodieadventures #foodieforlife #foodielove #foodieheaven #chicagofoodie #grilledcheese #grilledcheesesandwich #grilledcheeseandtomatosoup #grilledcheeseday #grilledcheesesandwiches #grilledcheeseplease #grilledcheeseburger #grilledcheesesocial #grilledcheesetoast #grilledchesspanini #grilledcheesemaster #grilledcheesewithbacon #grilledcheeselove #grilledcheeseandsoup #chicagogrilledcheese #grilledcheesetruck